[Xml-compile] Re: WSSE example: referencing the body data to be encoded

Karen Etheridge perl at froods.org
Fri Oct 5 19:27:33 GMT 2012

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 04:43:25PM -0700, Karen Etheridge wrote:

> Regarding the WSSE example in XML::Compile::WSS, i.e.:
> https://metacpan.org/source/MARKOV/XML-Compile-WSS-0.911/examples/wsse/write_example.pl
> ...which generates a document like
> http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/cicsts/v3r1/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.cics.ts31.doc/dfhws/wsSecurity/dfhws_soapsigning.htm

Has anyone gotten this form of WSS signing to work?  I'm finding a few
attributes missing/different from the ibm.com example, e.g.

- the xmlns:ds, xmlns:wsu and xmlns:xenc attributes in the <wsse:Security>
  element is missing (they are included in the XSD, so I'm not sure what
  happened there)
- all attributes (xmlns:SOAP-ENV, xmlns:ds, xmlns:wsu, xmlns:xenc) under
  <ds:SignedInfo> are missing
- the body elements, to be encoded with the private certificate in
  <ds:SignatureValue>, do not seem to be being extracted from the xml
  document

I'd be *very* interested in talking to anyone who is successfully using
XML::Compile::WSS for WSSE.

many thanks,

Karen Etheridge
ether at cpan.org