[Xml-compile] problems with sending SOAP headers

Mark Overmeer mark at overmeer.net
Wed Sep 12 19:10:34 GMT 2012

* Karen Etheridge (perl at froods.org) [120912 18:38]:
> I'm having difficulty in using XML::Compile::WSDL11 to send a message with
> a <soapenv:Header> element.  When I pass my arguments (body and header
> elements) to the compiled subref with trace mode on, I see "warning: unused
> values <header element>".

You question is abstract: there are different possible causes for this.
I may be able to help you when you send it to me.

>     my $call = $wsdl->compileClient($operation);
>     my ($answer, $trace) = $call->(
>         {
>             key_for_header => { ... },
>             key_for_body => { ... },
>         },
>         'UTF-8',
>     );

'key_for_header" -> part name in the WSDL.  Did you compare it with
the output of $wsdl->explain(..., $operation)  ?

> Is there anything else I can do other than fix the WSDL to insert these
> elements in the request?  I cannot find anything in the documentation about
> manually inserting extra arguments that the WSDL does not recognize.

See XML::Compile::SOAP11::Operation method addHeader()  and the ::FAQ

       Mark at Overmeer.net                          solutions at overmeer.net