[Xml-compile] Generating SOAP reponses from 'precanned' XML

Patrick Powell papowell at astart.com
Thu Aug 29 01:31:38 GMT 2013

I am running into a  bit of an issue with performance here and want to
check to see if something
is possible.

On the server,  you provide a callback function that accepts the XML
input and some options
and then generates and returns a hash.   The XML::Compile infrastructure
then uses
this hash value and generates the XML for the SOAP reply.

For example:
             xml_in  = { ... };

            Handler( ..., $xml_in )

            returns:
                {  message => {
                       field1 => "value"
                    }
                }

  XML Output:
<!- ... >
  <message><field1>value</field1></message>

Now I already have the XML,  and want to simply have the XML::Compile
put the SOAP headers
etc on the reply message.   I vaguely recall discussing this with
somebody or reading about this
and they indicated that you could do something like:
             my $some_object = XXXX->new(
"<!--....><message>....</message>");
             return $some_object;

If you returned an object of some sort,  then the XML::Compile would
skip the conversion
into XML and use the value of the object,  or access the value using
some method to
get the data for the SOAP message.