[Xml-compile] parsing SOAP Faults

Gert Doering gert at space.net
Wed Dec 18 14:44:53 GMT 2013

Hi,

(answering two mails in one go, as the thread has forked into parallel
messages flowing back and forth)

On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 03:31:35PM +0100, Mark Overmeer wrote:
> > ... there is a "<hostname>" inside here, and it seems to have the right
> > namespace as well, so why is it erroring?
>
> So: the error is that the $wsdl->reader('ns2:hostname') cannot be created
> (I think at compile-time).  Can you check the schema that the element
> does exist?

No mention of "hostname" or "apache" in the WSDL files.

OTOH, this used to work with an older version of XML::Compile::SOAP, so
it seems you added parsing of the <details> section, so it only blows up
now, while it was broken all the time.

On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 03:36:42PM +0100, Mark Overmeer wrote:
> * Gert Doering (gert at space.net) [131218 14:24]:
> > This is SOAP, so all I do is "load a WSDL", which doesn't speak about
> > the whole <fault> or <details> section at all.
>
> <fault> and <details>  are standard SOAP constructs.  They have two
> uggly inconsistencies however:
>
>   1. differently from other elements in the same namespace (SOAP-ENV),
>      they are used NOT namespace qualified (!)
>
>   2. the element inside <details> must use a namespace, even when the
>      schema tells that it is to be used namespace-less.
>
> Of course, this results in many horrible scenarios.  But I think your
> problem is simply a schema problem (the schemas included in the WSDL)

Yeah, looks like it, together with more strict/complete parsing and checking
in XML::Compile::SOAP.

I'm all fine modifying the .wsdl files locally, I just wonder whether there
is anything special that needs to be done to handle the with-namespace/
without-namespace thing...  (and I hoped to be able to work around by
using $wsdl->importDefinitions(), but that barfed on the namespace).

thanks so far, I'll go hacking.

Gert Doering
        -- NetMaster

Tel: +49 (0)89/32356-444           USt-IdNr.: DE813185279