[Xml-compile] parsing SOAP Faults

Mark Overmeer mark at overmeer.net
Wed Dec 18 14:36:42 GMT 2013

* Gert Doering (gert at space.net) [131218 14:24]:
> This is SOAP, so all I do is "load a WSDL", which doesn't speak about
> the whole <fault> or <details> section at all.

<fault> and <details>  are standard SOAP constructs.  They have two
uggly inconsistencies however:

  1. differently from other elements in the same namespace (SOAP-ENV),
     they are used NOT namespace qualified (!)

  2. the element inside <details> must use a namespace, even when the
     schema tells that it is to be used namespace-less.

Of course, this results in many horrible scenarios.  But I think your
problem is simply a schema problem (the schemas included in the WSDL)

       Mark at Overmeer.net                          solutions at overmeer.net