[Xml-compile] XML::Compile::Transport::SOAPHTTP_MojoUA very outdated (Mojo::Promise patch and further questions) !

Mark Overmeer mark at overmeer.net
Fri Dec 21 23:56:58 GMT 2018

* Skale Franz (franz.skale at citycom-austria.com) [181214 11:23]:
> I'm using your XML::Compile (superb) Library quite a long time now,
> and stumpled upon ML::Compile::Transport::SOAPHTTP_MojoUA last year.

Hi Franz,

I had a rough week, but finally I found some time to put that module
on GitHub.

It comes with a 0.03 release, which I did not bring to CPAN, because
I have not way to test it.

> Perhaps you want consider an update to use promises and the delay loop ?
> I would be great to have a state of the art version of this module.

Certainly.  Can you produce a fork with the changes?  Or a patch against
the repro which I will merge?  Be aware that I may adapt your contribution
to follow my style.

> What i also needs is a option (extra_opts) to add custom headers to the
> request which can be parsed by the Mojo::Promise object.
> When using multiple concurrent promises, you cannot tell what have been
> called but to examine $tx-res->headers !

There is a way to add headers, but I don't know whether it is enough for
your needs.  Maybe it gets easier for me to understand when your changes
are more clear.

Michael Green offered an implementation for Mojo SOAP Daemon.  Probably
it will get into the same distro.

       Mark at Overmeer.net                          solutions at overmeer.net