[Catalyst-dev] Re: nginx patch to Engine::FastCGI?

Aristotle Pagaltzis pagaltzis at gmx.de
Sun Nov 2 13:08:22 GMT 2008

* J. Shirley <jshirley at gmail.com> [2008-11-01 16:30]:
> (Speaking of mongrel, it seems roughly similar to ::Prefork --
> has anybody done any comparisons?)

That’s what it is. I have no idea about Mongrel’s performance,
since I’ve never used Rails in anger, but it appears that Mongrel
is written in C in large part. If someone who has the means to
run a few tests easily finds that it’s significantly faster than
C:E:HTTP::Prefork or any other Perl option it might be possible
to port Mongrel to Perl as an XS Perl module without too much
work just by rewrapping the C parts.

Oh yeah, and there’s an HTTP server implementation in AxKit2, and
of course the new kid on the block, Mojo…

> I could possibly submit a patch to nginx, but I figure that
> could be more work...

It is also the approach that would benefit everyone, though
(other frameworks besides Catalyst, be they Perl or in other
languages)…

Regards,