[Catalyst-dev] Proposal: C::Plugin::Session new option verify_user_agent

kmx kmx at volny.cz
Fri Jun 12 17:49:46 GMT 2009

Hi,

I have prepared a patch proposal for a new verify_user_agent
configuration option. It is very similar to verify_address; it checks
whether the User-agent string from http request header has change since
session initialization.

I know that it is not bullet-proof on the other hand a regular user does
not change his/her User-agent string so often therefore it could
contribute a bit to mitigation of session hijacking attacks.

Please have a look at SVN (I have prepared also some .t and doc patch)
http://dev.catalystframework.org/repos/Catalyst/Catalyst-Plugin-Session/0.0=
0/branches/verify_user_agent/

I would appreciate if you could consider merging my branche into trunk.

Thanks.

--
kmx