[Catalyst] Getting Started

Sebastian Riedel sri at oook.de
Thu Apr 7 00:10:51 CEST 2005

Am 06.04.2005 um 23:49 schrieb Chisel Wright:

> Where's the best place to look for a slightly more extended tutorial
> than the one that comes with catalyst.
>
> I've used catalyst.pl to create an app, and even had single lines of
> text displayed in my browser after running server.pl.
>
> Then I kinda get confused and lost.
>
> I created a view class using TT (not what I want to use in the long
> run,
> but I have to start somewhere), and a model using postgres, I just
> can't
> see how to tie them together to make something that populates templates
> from database table(s).

You mean accessing tables from templates? not storing templates in the
db?

The glue is $c->stash.

     $c->stash->{foo} = MyApp::M::CDBI::Table->search(...);

     [% foo.first.somefield %]

Cat is quite young, so most apps are still in development. ;)

MojoMojo:
     http://maypole.perl.org/repos/mojomojo/trunk

MiniMojo (already uses unreleased Catalyst 5)
     http://files.oook.de/MiniMojo.tar.gz

--
sebastian