[Catalyst] 4 vs 5

Alan Humphrey alan.humphrey at comcast.net
Thu Apr 7 18:56:39 CEST 2005

I'm about to start a pretty extensive project using Catalyst.  The
number of users will be very small (< 10) for the next several months,
but they'll need to do "real" work.  The question is, should I use
Catalyst 4 or Catalyst 5?

I'm leaning toward 5, but the decision rests on the answers to two
questions:

1)       How stable is it?  It's call "beta" but it seems like pretty
fundamental questions are still being answered.

2)       What will the upgrade path look like?  Will I end up recoding a
bunch of stuff anyway once 5 is officially released?

I'll be starting the project on the 18th (a week from this coming
Monday) if that makes any difference.

Any insights you have are appreciated!

- Alan