[Catalyst] Catalyst at YAPC 2005

Danijel Milicevic Danijel.Milicevic at rawmode.org
Fri Jul 1 09:14:59 CEST 2005

Hi Perrin,

Am Freitag, den 01.07.2005, 00:16 -0400 schrieb Perrin Harkins:
> I just thought people on the list would be interested to hear that there
> was a fair amount of conversation about Catalyst at YAPC::NA 2005.  I
> was the only person directly talking about it in a presentation, but
> many people told me they were interested in it and wanted to learn more
> about it.  I actually ended up giving it a little more representation in
> my talk than I intended to, since I timed things a bit poorly and had to
> race through the other two I discussed (CGI::Application and
> OpenInteract2) in order to finish on time.  I will be redoing the talk
> for OSCON.  I'm afraid the slides are kind of lame this time around (no,
> I haven't put them up yet, but I will) since I mostly walked through
> code and pointed things out, but that will probably change next time so
> that I can fit more in.
>
> Anyway, it certainly has gained notice in the community and you guys
> should feel proud about that.
>
> - Perrin

Thanks for letting us know (I've been querying wiki.yapctoronto.org for
your slides since some time :) and it's really appreciated. Some guys
who attended to your talk thou apparently only remember the lack of
documents in regards to Catalyst, like:
http://use.perl.org/~da/journal/25428 and I don't wanna start arguing if
OP2 really is better than Catalyst right now, so here's the thing:

We wish to do something about the docs and Jesse Sheidlower setup a
small Roadmap for the docs on the development wiki. Maybe you'd like to
take a look and add a few points so we can work about that?

The roadmap can be found here:
http://dev.catalyst.perl.org/wiki/doc-to-do

TIA,
Danijel Milicevic