[Catalyst] Catalyst global object

luke saunders luke.saunders at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 19:03:46 CEST 2005

Hi all,

I've been on the good ship Catalyst for nearly a week now and I think
it's ace. I'd like to thank you all for putting the effort in.

However I'm a bit stuck with something which seems trivial and was
hoping you might be able to point me in the right direction.

My application is called Holiday, the skeleton of which was created
with the create.pl script. It uses the controller Page and CDBI::Sweet
for the DB stuff. In Holiday.pm I create a new Handler object which is
needed for the Holiday system to work properly. Now I need this
Handler object to be available globally (to the controller and models)
and therefore it would be ideal if I could put it in the catalyst
Context object somewhere as that's available everywhere. Is there
anywhere I can put it in the Context object? If not how could I make
this Handler object available to the objects instantiated by Catalyst?

I hope this makes sense. It seems as if the solution should be obvious
but it's just not happening.

Thanks,
Luke.