[Catalyst] How do you talk about Catalyst in 25 minutes?

Jules Bean jules at jellybean.co.uk
Fri Nov 18 15:09:22 CET 2005

Zbigniew Lukasiak wrote:
> Thanks,
>
> My comment about unfriendly welcome was more based on irc
> conversations.  Any way it's nice to see people supporting my point of
> view.  I admit that the approach of generating examples with simple
> substitution is a bit crazy, but at least it is simple on both sides -
> creation of examples and using them.  If anyone have better ideas how
> to reach those two goals than I'll cooperate.

OK, I wasn't in on that IRC conversation. I'm not often in #catalyst,
it's a bit high traffic for me to follow mostly.

Clearly a technical objection to your implementation shuold not be taken
as an affront to the goal you're trying to acheive.

> I put the example at: zby.aster.net.pl:3001/example .  Thats temporary
> - until I manage to fix some problem with apache.

Cool.

Ugly, isn't it? Sorry, I'm being blunt :-) Never underestimate
eye-candy: a clean attractive design makes it easier to use.

Does your scaffold cope with more than one table? Or does it just work
on a simple table?

Please don't use GET requests for deletion. It's OK to use a GET request
to pull up a confirmation page which you then POST for deletion, or you
can skip the confirmation and just use an inline POST.

For other cool ideas, please look at my older post.

Jules