[Catalyst] What a waste of time

Jules Agee julesa at pcf.com
Thu Apr 27 01:44:41 CEST 2006

rails coder wrote:
> I'm not that cheap, and I would have paid for a decent catalyst book or
> paid somebody to write a decent tutorial, if such book or willing person
> would have been available.  I won't pay somebody several hundred, or
> even more than a thousand dollars, to explain how their poorly
> documented software works when other well documented software is available.

I don't recall seeing the post where you asked this list whether anyone
would be willing to accept your money in exchange for writing up a
tutorial that meets your standards, or expanding the existing tutorials
in such a way that they answer your questions.

Most of the people on this list regularly provide detailed explanations
for no charge at all. I'm sorry you spent so much time frustrated with
Catalyst, but you can hardly blame Catalyst if your biggest development
obstacle was letting your fear of being labeled a 'newbie' prevent you
from asking questions here on the list.

(apologies to everyone for feeding the troll)