[Catalyst] Is Catalyst large enough to sustain a book?

Yuval Kogman nothingmuch at woobling.org
Fri Apr 28 18:40:45 CEST 2006

On Fri, Apr 28, 2006 at 20:32:03 +0300, Yuval Kogman wrote:

> > > HTML::Prototype is a direct port of the rails api - which sucks.
> >
> > It's not a direct port. Not everything is available and in TT you
> > still have to do something like p.method() instead of just method().
>
> Catalyst::View::TT::FunctionGenerator was written exactly for that purpose.

In fact, as I see it rails is even worse here - it pollutes the
namespace without being asked to do that, tying you to a half-assed
JS library even when you don't plan on using it.

In catalsyt you get to choose:

	1. which framework you will use
	2. which generation library you will use (alternatives on the
	CAPN)
	3. how you would like your template namespace polluted with that
	generation library, if at all

--
  Yuval Kogman <nothingmuch at woobling.org>
http://nothingmuch.woobling.org  0xEBD27418