[Catalyst] Sigh. How do we get on this list?

Kieren Diment diment at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 03:30:31 CEST 2006

On 09/08/06, Jonathan Rockway <jon at jrock.us> wrote:

> > By obsessively marketing Catalyst. Ideally build several web apps that
> are
> > really, really useful (c.f. Basecamp) & market the hell out of them.

> %])  Pretty much, Basecamp is like every other piece of proprietary
> software -- they already have our money, so why should they fix our
> bugs?  (The other outstanding issue is that we need for milestones to
> have estimated times attached to them, so we can make charts via their
> XML-RPC interface.  Actually, "need" isn't the right word...)

har har!

> Catalyst needs an equivalent of 37Signals bigging it up all over the
> > *business* press.
> >

> Has anyone written a printed Catalyst book yet?  That's probably the
> first step.  Some PODs at search.cpan doesn't really get the manager
> types excited.

It's on the way, but could be going a good bit quicker,  If people would
stop throwing work at me it would be even quicker.

The current plan is to use the next advent calendar as a basis with the
current advent calendar.  As you can see from the TT book a verbose
reworking of current documentation is a viable way to get a book out
quickly.

http://totaldatasolution.com/CatBook # needs a lot of work

Regards,