[Catalyst] [***SPAM*** Score/Req: 11.00/6.0] Re: [***SPAM*** Score/Req: 11.00/6.0] Re: Error while going through tutorial using Oracle

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Fri Aug 18 16:01:14 CEST 2006

Jason Crummack wrote:
> When approaching database related issues I afraid I can't take the
> approach of it works alright for me,

No. Neither can way, but don't be too hard on Alexander; he was a raw noob
when he first got involved with DBIx::Class and has made valuable
contributions in spite of not having expert training or reference materials to
hand.

 > the specifications are there for
> good reason, many knowledgeable people have initially contributed to
> produce such specifications, I think it's important for
> Storage::DBI::Oracle module to follow that specification.

That would be fantastic - so instead of debating with a DBIx::Class
contributor on the Catalyst list, how about you hop across to the dbix-class
list, outline the current issues, and collaborate with the rest of the DBIC
team and the other guy who just offered to help out with Oracle stuff so that
we can get a correct solution into trunk for the next release :)