[Catalyst] While the Catalyst CPAN install discussion is still going on....

Dennis Daupert ddaupert at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 22 23:42:25 CEST 2006

I've used CPAN.pm a lot, have installed Catalyst on various unix boxen  (linux, solaris), have always been able to coerce mods to install.

  Until now.

  My ISP runs BSD, perl 5.8.0 (oh my god!! and yes, I've asked them to  upgrade, and was told "someday, we just don't know what day"). I loaded  cat-in-a-box just fine, but I need MORE.

  When I try to fire up CPAN, I get an out-of-memory error while CPAN is  downloading one of his database files -- I forget which one, authors or  modules. I am allocated 5 GIGs, and am using nowhere near that. Has  anyone run into this one?

  /dennis