[Catalyst] Re: Last Chance / Last Day: Webdevelopmentplatformcontestand Perl / Catalyst

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Sat Dec 2 19:04:11 GMT 2006

On 2 Dec 2006, at 15:47, Marc Espie wrote:

> I would tend to agree.
>
> Since I'm just currently learning Catalyst, I find the DBIx
> documentation
> to be a bit on the poor side.
>
> The examples are very simple, and not quite varied enough. Having a
> complete description/usage of many-to-many schemas would help.
>

> I've done some mistakes while setting up the schema, and I often
> end up
> with very bad error messages, hard to figure out for a beginner,
> and DBI itself crashing... First time I saw perl dump core in a
> long while.

Maybe if you asked on the dbix-class list rather than delurking here
to complain about it? :)

Plus, Schema::Loader is a nice way to get started fast for common
stuff but most of us set up our own schemas; if you ask on there, I'm
sure you'll get plenty of help.

--
Matt S Trout, Technical Director, Shadowcat Systems Ltd.
Offering custom development, consultancy and support contracts for