[Catalyst] Re: Last Chance / Last Day: Web development platform contest and Perl / Catalyst

Dan Dascalescu ddascalescu+catalyst at gmail.com
Sun Dec 3 07:41:06 GMT 2006

How about changing the 'Documentation' link on
http://www.catalystframework.org/ to point to
http://dev.catalyst.perl.org/wiki/UserIntroductions , rename that
'Documentation', keep the "Introductions" heading, and add a "Manual"
section linking to the current documentation at
http://search.cpan.org/dist/Catalyst-Manual/ ?

I for one would be two weeks into Catalyst by now if the documentation
was laid out this way. "Catalyst for CGI Programmers" was exactly the
beginner's intro I was looking for. It left me wanting to do more,
which is very good. Kieren's tutorial (sans SVN) would follow
perfectly introducing the model.

http://dev.catalyst.perl.org/wiki/BeginnerInfo is also great for those
new to frameworks. I had figured out how Catalyst worked by going
through some tutorials, but it would have been much easier if I had
read this intro first.

So looks like there IS quite a bunch of accessible documentation, just
not in plain sight.