[Catalyst] old versions of Catalyst on CPAN

Sebastian Riedel sri-lists at oook.de
Sun Dec 3 09:27:59 GMT 2006

Jonathan Rockway wrote:
> Is anyone confused by the old versions of Catalyst on CPAN?
>
> Everything I hear says yes, but the author of the old versions wishes to have
> a public discussion before deleting the modules.

You misunderstood me there, i will not delete the old versions since i
like being able to link directly to old versions of modules like this.
(which i did quite a lot)

    http://cpansearch.perl.org/~sri/Catalyst-3.00/lib/Catalyst.pm

It's one of the best features of cpan imo.

I agree that Catalyst and Catalyst-Dev had to be split, but why did you
rename the core dist to Catalyst-Runtime in the first place?
Just keeping the name Catalyst instead would have bypassed the cpan bug
(which it obviously is) and saved you from a lot of trouble.

--
sebastian