[Catalyst] question from tutorial - does creating HTML in a controller using HTML::Widget violate MVC?

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Fri Dec 8 13:48:41 GMT 2006

On 6 Dec 2006, at 23:20, Thomas L. Shinnick wrote:

>> > The code example that comes with the reaction source is
>> > pretty understandable.  If that's not enough, questions are
>> > welcome on the #reaction channel on irc.perl.org :)
>> >

>> Is the Reaction distribution available on search.cpan.org the
>> latest available version (0.001000_001)?
>
> I went to the maillist searchable archive (bottom of email) as
> suggested by Matt, did a search on "reaction svn", and came up with
>     [Catalyst] Reaction opened up for people to play with (patches
> welcome :)
>     http://www.mail-archive.com/catalyst@lists.rawmode.org/
> msg01884.html
> mentioning
>     SVN: http://code2.0beta.co.uk/reaction/svn
>
> Since the CPAN upload is marked "02 May 2006" and Matt's maillist
> posting is from "16 Oct 2006", I'm assuming the CPAN upload is
> beyond ancient, and that the SVN is 'current'.
>
> Are these the correct assumptions?  ;-)

Exactly :) I should probably get round to uploading a placeholder to
CPAN again, but I keep convincing myself next week I'll have time to
finish off enough for a proper dev release (the current codebase
works fine, we've got it in production a few places, I just want more
of it :)

--
Matt S Trout, Technical Director, Shadowcat Systems Ltd.
Offering custom development, consultancy and support contracts for