[Catalyst] static files and speed

Octavian Rasnita orasnita at gmail.com
Sun Dec 10 17:58:38 GMT 2006

Hi,

I have put the following settings in httpd.conf:

<Location />
Options Indexes MultiViews
Order allow,deny
Allow from all

SetHandler perl-script
PerlResponseHandler TranzactiiBursiere
</Location>

<LocationMatch "/(static|favicon.ico)">
SetHandler none
</LocationMatch>

I see that the static file index.html is displayed correctly when accessing
the /static/ directory, but it takes very very many seconds until it is
displayed, even though the server is on my own computer.

Is it really displayed directly, or anyway, what can I do to make it display
faster?

I have also seen that sometimes the welcome message is displayed after many
seconds
(and not only at the first access) when accessing / even though it uses
mod_perl.

Do you know why sometimes the welcome message is displayed faster, and
sometimes very slow? Is this problem occuring only under Windows?

Thank you.

Octavian