[Catalyst] Re: Architecture Advice? Integrating Catalyst Apps

Dennis Daupert ddaupert at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 19 23:25:08 GMT 2006

>> Thoughts? Ideas? Discussion? Collaboration?

> Wait a bit for this, it will be much easier with the next major release
> of Catalyst. Details are in the app_context_split branch in svn.
> Essentially, you'll be able to embed apps inside of each other, like
> KDE's KParts.

Thanks for that info, Jon. Is there an ETA on the next major release? I took 10 days vacation to work on my project; time's up Jan 2. Should be out by then, right? mmmmmm...

I found the app_context_split branch, I shall RTFS, as Matt likes to say. I noticed some stuff has no perldoc yet (Application.pm,ApplicationProxy.pm). Might be awhile yet....

/dennis