[Catalyst] flash

Octavian Rasnita orasnita at gmail.com
Sun Dec 31 17:05:30 GMT 2006

Hi,

I am trying to use $c->flash, but without success, so I guess I am doing
something wrong.

I have understood that I can use it just like I use $c->stash but it content
will be saved in a session and that it will be persistent.

I have tried setting it with:

$c->flash->{message} = "message...";
$c->res->redirect($c->uri_for("/"));

But "message..." is not printed where [% message %] is used in the template.

I have seen that I can use instead something like:

In /auto:

$c->stash->{message} = $c->session->{message} if $c->session->{message};

and set it using

$c->session->{message} = "message...";

But can you tell me why $c->flash is not working? Should I add a certain
plug in for making it work or need making some other settings?

Thank you and Happy new year!

Octavian