[Catalyst] Execute after HTML::Prototype->in_place_editor..?

Chisel Wright chisel at herlpacker.co.uk
Wed Feb 1 16:20:09 CET 2006

On Wed, Feb 01, 2006 at 02:56:13PM +0000, Toby Corkindale wrote:
> Hi guys,
> I have a page that uses HTML::Prototype's in_place_editor() method
> successfully, via TT.
> I'd also like to execute some arbitrary javascript after the update has
> succeeded. The HTML::Prototype (and Prototype) documentation is rather sparse,
> but I wondered if anyone here could point me in the right direction?
>
> (I'm looking for something like the complete => foo() functionality in
> link_to_remote())

Yeah, I've really struggled with Ajax/Prototype/etc

I was half hoping that when I threw AjaxDemo at the list other people
might come back and say "oh yeah, here's how I/you do ... ..."

Never happened though :(

The documentation assumes you already have a Phd in AJAX, and feels to
me like:

  callback: this is the callbcak that we call back to for a callback.
  it's a function.

Since I strongly believe that proper working examples would be immensely
useful I started AjaxDemo myself.
I got a few things working, then gave up because I just got fed up
having to guess how everything worked.

:-/
--
Chisel Wright
e: chisel at herlpacker.co.uk
w: http://www.herlpacker.co.uk/

This is not an automated signature. I type this in to the bottom of every
message.