[Catalyst] Execute after HTML::Prototype->in_place_editor..?

Toby Corkindale tjc at wintrmute.net
Wed Feb 1 18:14:48 CET 2006

On Wed, Feb 01, 2006 at 02:56:13PM +0000, Toby Corkindale wrote:
> Hi guys,
> I have a page that uses HTML::Prototype's in_place_editor() method
> successfully, via TT.
> I'd also like to execute some arbitrary javascript after the update has
> succeeded. The HTML::Prototype (and Prototype) documentation is rather sparse,
> but I wondered if anyone here could point me in the right direction?
>
> (I'm looking for something like the complete => foo() functionality in
> link_to_remote())

For the record, I ended up implementing this manually via a series of
fade/disappear visual_effects() calls linked to a form_remote_tag and
link_to_remote calls, with completion callbacks.

The completed result is up at http://sanity.dryft.net/
(now more buzz-word compliant with pointless tags and tag-browsing..)

tjc

--
Turning and turning in the widening gyre/The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart, the centre cannot hold/Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world