[Catalyst] Oracle and models

Zach Thompson cublai0wnz at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 9 01:17:21 CET 2006

Hi,

I just started playing with Catalyst a few months ago and have been really impressed using it at home with FreeBSD/mysql.  I now am trying to get a small project going at work using Red Hat EH3/Oracle/perl5.8.7 and can't get either of the two major DB pardigms to work.

It seems there really is no Oracle support using DBIx, correct? But when I try to create a model with CDBI I get "Couldn't require loader class "Class::DBI::Loader::Oracle", "Can't locate object method "set_sql" via package "Class::DBI::Oracle".  In fact, I get the same error testing with mysql from RH. Is there an issue using the helper scripts on RH or am I trying to use the script incorrectly, e.g. script/app_creat.pl model CDBI CDBI dsn:Oracle:tnsname user pass?

Thanks,
John