[Catalyst] JSON instead of YAML?

Chisel Wright chisel at herlpacker.co.uk
Wed Jan 25 18:23:40 CET 2006

On Wed, Jan 25, 2006 at 12:19:33PM -0500, James FitzGibbon wrote:
> Well, that's not entirely fair.  If you read the Spiffy docs, it is quite
> explicit that this is a caveat of using Spiffy, that it must be loaded
> before base.pm, and provides a workaround:
>
> http://search.cpan.org/~ingy/Spiffy-0.29/lib/Spiffy.pm#USING_Spiffy_WITH_bas
> e.pm
>
> I think the issue is that the YAML docs don't make it clear enough that it
> inherits Spiffy's caveats.

Possibly irrational, but hearing that a dependency just messes about
with base::import scares me quite a bit.

It doesn't feel necessary, but I'm sure there are perfectly good reasons
for doing so.

--
Chisel Wright
e: chisel at herlpacker.co.uk
w: http://www.herlpacker.co.uk/

This is not an automated signature. I type this in to the bottom of every
message.