[Catalyst] JSON instead of YAML?

Brandon Black blblack at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 20:31:56 CET 2006

On 1/25/06, Zbigniew Lukasiak <zzbbyy at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2. I've heard YAML have problems with whitespace.  This is always a
> hot topic, personally I even agree that Python is more readable than
> Perl, but everyone would admit that there are problems with
> copy-pasting and generally transporting code with significant white
> space.

Copy/paste of anything for machine consumption is generally a bad
idea, although it tends to mostly work in practice for most people
most of the time.  I have situations at work where some of my terminal
sessions are running UTF-8 and some are running in ISO-8859-x.  If I
copy perl code between the two with mouse copy/paste, sometimes dashes
(the ones that work for subtraction in perl) get converted into some
other funky character which looks a lot like a dash, but causes syntax
errors.

-- Brandon