[Catalyst] cross-platform development setup

Nilson Santos Figueiredo Junior acid06 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 04:39:34 CEST 2006

On 7/11/06, Nathan Kurz <nate at verse.com> wrote:
> Starting from a non-programmers Windows installation, what would I
> need to do to get Catalyst running locally?  Is it simple enough that
> I could get technically literate non-programmers to do so remotely?
> And is there anything that wouldn't work about my proposed plan?

Probably you'd be able to do it but if there aren't actual developers
using Windows or Mac OS X, then I guess your approach might be fine
for them.

The developers, however, should run their own test servers. There's no
need to be paranoid about dependencies version. Just using the same
Catalyst, DBIx::Class (or whatever ORM you use) and templating system
version should be safe enough. Their dependencies shouldn't really
matter (if it does, you'd have probably found a bug in one of those
modules).

-Nilson Santos F. Jr.