[Catalyst] development setup

Carl Johnstone catalyst at fadetoblack.me.uk
Fri Jun 23 16:08:26 CEST 2006

> And I suppose the fact that you use a shared apache installation is
> because everyone is woking on the same project, so you have a common
> access point for the application... ?-)

Yes, we could have anything up to a dozen people working on the same
project. By using slightly different URLs eg:

carl.site1.test
marcello.site1.test

Apache is configured to automatically pick up the correct developers htdocs
(via a network share).

The key thing though is that the rest of the environment (versions of
software, additional modules etc) can be kept in sync with the live
environment, without having to update 12 desktops.

Carl