[Catalyst] OT: mod_fastcgi vs. mod_perl (was uri_for() question)

Scott Karns scottkinsf at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 27 23:42:05 CEST 2006

Matt,

If you don't mind, I (and other relative neophytes,
I'm sure) would like to hear you and anyone else
interested in chiming in, expand on your preference
for mod_fastcgi over mod_perl when running on apache.

--- Matt S Trout <dbix-class at trout.me.uk> wrote:
> The Apache (mod_perl) engines can handle reverse
> proxying if your mod_perl is
> bound to 127.0.0.1; the test server doesn't since it
> isn't designed for
> production usage. I'd suggest installing mod_fastcgi
> and running your app
> using myapp_fastcgi.pl as a better answer for
> apache-based usage.

I have no idea why one would be better than the other
myself, so I have no particular axe to grind. To date,
I've got the apps I'm developing running on
apache2/mod_perl, as I'm sure you're already aware. ;)

Cheers,
Scott