[Catalyst] Editor files, .svn etc. accidental loading by Catalyst; also, non-standard component structure

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Fri May 12 22:52:05 CEST 2006

setup_components is scheduled for a rework soon.

As part of this, I'd like to be able to fix Cat's accidental loading of
editor files, svn files, and similar stuff. However, I'm going to need
tests, regexes and general dev help for this. I know a number of people
have asked about it and discussed the feasibility of providing a patch
for Module::Pluggable::Fast; part of the rework plan includes ripping
this out for something saner so please don't try that; instead, get on
catalyst-dev at lists.rawmode.org and reply here indicating your
willingness to help.

I'm also interested in making "load everything under
MyApp::(M|Model|V|View|C|Controller" the default rather than the only
way, to allow different directly layouts and subclasses of Catalyst to
add new component types. Again, anybody interested in this and willing
to help out reply here and subscribe to catalyst-dev@ please

If you want either of these features, think hard about whether you can
help - I don't desperately need either so if nobody volunteers you
probably won't get 'em any time soon :)