[Catalyst] (Beginner) Plugins

Yuval Kogman nothingmuch at woobling.org
Tue Oct 24 02:11:20 BST 2006

On Mon, Oct 23, 2006 at 21:01:08 -0400, Alejandro Imass wrote:

> I want to work with Image::Magick with Catalyst and I wondering if I need to
> build a plugin or can I just use the Image::Magick module as-is. What are
> the advantages, disadvantages or limitations I will find if I just use the
> CPAN module as-is?

What are you trying to achieve?

90% chance the answer you're looking for is to use it as-is.

If you need to e.g. cache thumbnails, Catalyst::Plugin::Cache should
help. Aside from that i don't see any reason why image manipulations
of any sort would need catalyst app specific info/config.

--
  Yuval Kogman <nothingmuch at woobling.org>
http://nothingmuch.woobling.org  0xEBD27418