[Catalyst] Failing tests on Centos 4.4

hkclark at gmail.com hkclark at gmail.com
Sat Oct 28 12:58:59 BST 2006

On 10/28/06, Matt Patterson <matt-lists at reprocessed.org> wrote:

> On 27 Oct 2006, at 03:22, hkclark at gmail.com wrote:
>
> > I just installed Catalyst on a fresh CentOS 4.4 using the instructions
> > in Catalyst::Manual::Installation::CentOS4 and it worked fine.  Maybe
> > there is some other module "out of date" and causing a conflict? You
> > can run the cat-install described in C::M::I::CentOS4 on top of an
> > existing system... it won't hurt anything because it will just say
> > each module that's already the latest doesn't need updating.
>
> Yeah, thanks - I ended up using the cat-install script as a
> diagnostic. I'm attempting to package Catalyst for deployment in a
> CentOS 4.4 yum-RPM only environment, so my dependency checking has
> been a bit more hit and miss than just using CPAN.

Thanks for the update.

Yes, an RPM-only install of Catalyst would be nice.  I'm not sure if
you are saying that you are trying to build an RPM that installs
Catalyst, but if you are and if you end up with something that's
generic enough that others could use it (especially for the
Catalyst::Manual::Tutorial), please let me know.  It could be great to
have something like that.

Also, let me know if you have any suggestions for
Catalyst::Manual::Installation::CentOS4

Thanks,
Kennedy