[Catalyst] User Generated Content (project collaboration)

Kieren Diment diment at gmail.com
Sun Sep 10 13:31:54 CEST 2006

On 10/09/06, Kaare Rasmussen <kaare at jasonic.dk> wrote:

> > So, what do you all think?  I saw several willing
> > people.  I don't have a lot of free time right now,
> > but Id be willing to be a clearinghouse for interested
> > people.
>
> The thread got divided a bit in discussions regarding the social network
> framework and the necessary widgets. The latter represented by InstantCRUD
> and Matt's yet unpublished widget set.
>
> I gather your interest lies in the social network framework per se. My
> opinion
> is to focus on the design of the framework and get help from either of the
> solutions above. In other words, choose the solution that suits the
> framework
> best and help out there. No need to invent yet another approach if these
> fit
> the bill.

I'm in the process of porting a GPLed social bookmarking thing which is
currently mod_perl/cdbi over to Catalyst/DBIC.  I intend to keep the
catalyst portion of the code Artistic Licence,   The current code is
idiosyncratic enough that I think I will be implementing everything except
the database schema from scratch.

I'm hoping to pop a proof of concept over to the original authors/(c)
holders,  and this group within the next month or two.  I have an existing
web api with which I need to retain compatibility.  Mainly at the moment I
need to work out how their existing (gnarly) database works and get catalyst
to display the content and implement portions of the API properly.

I won't name the original codebase I'm working on in a googleable place
until I've let the original authors/(c) holders know what I've done  (i.e.
when proof of concept is ready) but you're welcome to contact me privately
in the mean time.