[Catalyst] User Generated Content (project collaboration)

Zbigniew Lukasiak zzbbyy at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 11:20:27 CEST 2006

Hi,

I have written my own social bookmarking app in Catalyst - it's nearly
working.  You can try it at http://zby.aster.net.pl/LinkM/.

I am mostly proud of the UI ideas - integration of tagging, searching and
sorting making the process of search recursive.  You can click on the tags,
nicks, host addresses and you get the resultst filtered by them, then you
can add new filters, sort by columns etc.  I have lots of thoughts about the
cognitive process of finding a web page from which you remember only some
random pieces and I tried to create an ideal search interface.

I have not published the code yet as it is not entirely working but I can
provide it to anyone that would like to build something based on it.  I
would love to discuss the interface ideas as well.

--
Zbyszek

On 9/10/06, Kieren Diment <diment at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/09/06, Kaare Rasmussen <kaare at jasonic.dk> wrote:
> >
> > > So, what do you all think?  I saw several willing
> > > people.  I don't have a lot of free time right now,
> > > but Id be willing to be a clearinghouse for interested
> > > people.
> >
> > The thread got divided a bit in discussions regarding the social network
> >
> > framework and the necessary widgets. The latter represented by
> > InstantCRUD
> > and Matt's yet unpublished widget set.
> >
> > I gather your interest lies in the social network framework per se. My
> > opinion
> > is to focus on the design of the framework and get help from either of
> > the
> > solutions above. In other words, choose the solution that suits the
> > framework
> > best and help out there. No need to invent yet another approach if these
> > fit
> > the bill.
>

> I'm in the process of porting a GPLed social bookmarking thing which is
> currently mod_perl/cdbi over to Catalyst/DBIC.  I intend to keep the
> catalyst portion of the code Artistic Licence,   The current code is
> idiosyncratic enough that I think I will be implementing everything except
> the database schema from scratch.
>
> I'm hoping to pop a proof of concept over to the original authors/(c)
> holders,  and this group within the next month or two.  I have an existing
> web api with which I need to retain compatibility.  Mainly at the moment I
> need to work out how their existing (gnarly) database works and get catalyst
> to display the content and implement portions of the API properly.
>
> I won't name the original codebase I'm working on in a googleable place
> until I've let the original authors/(c) holders know what I've done  (i.e.
> when proof of concept is ready) but you're welcome to contact me privately
> in the mean time.

> Searchable archive:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/catalyst@lists.rawmode.org/

Zbigniew Lukasiak