[Catalyst] Attribute::Handlers wont work in own classes under catalyst

Felix Antonius Wilhelm Ostmann ostmann at websuche.de
Thu Aug 30 10:54:10 GMT 2007

i "found" this bug ... Attribute::Handles has a CHECK {} block ... and
under catalyst this block wont be executed ... but Attribute::Handlers
need that ... what is to do?

Felix Antonius Wilhelm Ostmann schrieb:
> Nilson Santos Figueiredo Junior schrieb:
>> On 8/29/07, Felix Antonius Wilhelm Ostmann <ostmann at websuche.de> wrote:
>>
>>> after a few tests we gone use this classes under catalyst ... and ...
>>> dont work :-/ under catalyst our classes dont use Attribute::Handlers
>>> :-/ we declare UNIVERSAL::Property and then use "sub nondigit :
>>> Property
>>> { defined && !m{[0-9]} }" (see the code)
>>>

>> Catalyst breaks regular subroutine attributes. Apparently, it tries to
>> parse them all so other code never gets the chance to parse them. I've
>> seen this problem before while using a module (which used subroutine
>> attributes) along with Catalyst and I decided to work around it
>> instead of looking for a proper fix.
>>
>> Good luck. Hopefully someone else can come up with solution other than
>> using Catalyst's own attribute handling framework.
>>

> uh, that is hard stuff! We use this kind of attributes, cause we use
> the object also without catalyst (cronjobs etc) ... so i cant use the
> catalyst-stuff :-/
>
> have you make a bugreport? how you is your work around?
>
> thanks!
>

>> -Nilson Santos F. Jr.

>> Searchable archive:
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/catalyst@lists.rawmode.org/

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Felix Antonius Wilhelm Ostmann
Websuche   Search   Technology   GmbH   &   Co. KG
Martinistraße 3  -  D-49080  Osnabrück  -  Germany
Tel.:   +49 541 40666-0 - Fax:    +49 541 40666-22
Email: info at websuche.de - Website: www.websuche.de
AG Osnabrück - HRA 200252 - Ust-Ident: DE814737310
Komplementärin:     Websuche   Search   Technology
Verwaltungs GmbH   -  AG Osnabrück  -   HRB 200359
Geschäftsführer:  Diplom Kaufmann Martin Steinkamp