[Catalyst] Difference in running application via "perl -d" vs command line

Daniel Hulme st at istic.org
Mon Feb 5 23:17:36 GMT 2007

On Mon, Feb 05, 2007 at 03:45:26PM -0500, Lampert, Hugh wrote:
> whistles.  First I tried putting together an environment that would work
> well with CPAN but after getting lost in a lot of hairy NMAKE errors I
> dumped that plan.  Next I decided to use the PPM repository and the

This probably doesn't help if you have silly policies or other
restrictions, but even an outside chance of being helpful is worth
posting, I think.

At work I have to develop on Windows in order to do .NET stuff (yeah,
eeugh indeed). I installed Cygwin with Cygwin's gcc and Perl rather than
ActivePerl, and cpanp worked out of the box much more smoothly than I
ever managed to get PPM to work.

--
<Customer> Waiter, waiter! There's a fly in my soup!
<Waiter> That's not a bug, it's a feature.