[Catalyst] Re: Redirect status codes (was: HTTP redirect - delayed Firefox)

John Napiorkowski jjn1056 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 14 01:38:14 GMT 2007

http://ppewww.physics.gla.ac.uk/~flavell/www/post-redirect.html

http://209.85.135.104/search?q=cache:www.notes.slim.summitmedia.co.uk/post-redirect/www/post-redirect.html

> I better file this away somewhere before that too
> gets lost…

At this point I end up just making sure I am building
this in a way that works properly with my front end
squid cache.  I'd like to be able to use different
redirect status codes in a meaningful way, but I doubt
in the end it buys you anything meaningful.  Until all
the browers support this meaningfully it fails to have
much semantic meaning.

I think the Atom people are doing something with this,
for when you are retrieving info that needs to
redirect, but it will be a long time before whatever
standard they formalize is adopted.

--john