[Catalyst] creating a model

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Tue Jan 2 17:52:17 GMT 2007

On 2 Jan 2007, at 17:42, Octavian Rasnita wrote:

> From: "Matt S Trout" <dbix-class at trout.me.uk>
>>
>> Because we aren't psychic and can't magically solve your windows
>> installation problems without you ACTUALLY TELLING US WHAT WENT
>> WRONG?
>> No, wait, I don't think other languages' developers have ESP
>> either :)
>>
>> Try the Catalyst-Runtime packages from http://ppm.tcool.org/ or
>> report
>> the problems you encountered getting Catalyst to install under
>> windows -
>> we have users quite happily using both ActiveState perl and
>> Vanilla Perl
>> to run it on windows. If you don't tell us what went  wrong so we
>> can help
>> you figure it out, it doesn't mean the framework  isn't portable,
>> it just
>> means you're being silly.
>>

> The application gave errors when using
> Session
> Session::State::Cookie
> Session::Store::File
> Authentication
> Authentication::Store::DBIC
> Authentication::Credential::Password
>
> It gave errors when using $c->user in a controller or a template.
> When not using $c->user, the program worked well.
>
> I needed to upgrade more modules, and I couldn't make that upgrade
> from the
> beginning, because I couldn't install Tie::RefHash. Finally I have
> installed
> this module using cpan (because it is not available in a ppm
> format), but
> only with "force install" because it gave errors on "make test".
> This is ok on the development machine fortunately, but the problem
> was that I didn't know what to do to make it work.

Thanks very much, could you please post the errors to http://
rt.cpan.org/ as a ticket for the Tie::RefHash dist? Not one of ours
but if there's a ticket to point to we can maybe chase it up.

I'll look into making sure the dependancy is added in the appropriate
place, I thought this had already been dealt with but apparently if
it made it into svn it never got released ... sorry you got bitten by
this.

--
Matt S Trout, Technical Director, Shadowcat Systems Ltd.
Offering custom development, consultancy and support contracts for