[Catalyst] [OT] what would constitute a sensible set of benchmarks?

Robert 'phaylon' Sedlacek rs at 474.at
Mon Jan 15 14:52:40 GMT 2007

Daniel McBrearty wrote:

> maybe. for such an exercise though, you would have to trust the
> implementors of submission to use the best tools available for that
> framework, and to use them well.

So, there's one best template and one best model for Catalyst? :)

> I wouldn't see much point to trying to do something like this without
> having some tests that take a look at how well db access is performed.

I didn't say "don't do it." I said I'm personally not that interested in
that part. I have experienced DBIC and TT as productive enough to
compensate every slowness that might have happened, so I know it works
for me[tm]. One of the biggest reasons I'd like to see _real_ benchmark
between Catalyst and others is to bring some balance into the current
resources.

--
# Robert 'phaylon' Sedlacek
# Perl 5/Catalyst Developer in Hamburg, Germany