[Catalyst] plat_forms report published on June 20th. 2007. Geneva team on Catalyst wins the Perl track.

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Wed Jun 20 18:28:35 GMT 2007

On Wed, Jun 20, 2007 at 06:35:31PM +0200, Daniel McBrearty wrote:
> hate to admit it, but perl took a hammering in terms of the
> completeness of solutions thing, maybe the most important metric. see
> the charts on page 13.

Perl WSDL/SOAP tooling is pants. Film at 11.

I do know of a large suite of Cat apps whose primary purpose is to handle
such, but I believe the company in question largely built the functionality
up from scratch.

Volunteers to put together a Catalyst::Plugin::Server::SOAP would be welcome
and I believe the ::Server authors would be willing to advise (as would I,
I had a little bit of involvement in the design process as well).