[Catalyst] Bug in Catalyst::finalize_headers()

Andy Grundman andy at hybridized.org
Mon May 7 22:36:05 GMT 2007

On May 7, 2007, at 5:27 PM, Bernhard Graf wrote:

> Matt S Trout wrote:
>> On Sun, May 06, 2007 at 12:02:51PM +0200, Bernhard Graf wrote:
>
>>> A patch against the svn trunk is attached.
>>
>> You seem to have only sent half the patch - could you try re-sending
>> it and make sure the test is attached this time please?
>
> Of course you're right. But I'm not so familiar with the Catalyst code
> and esp. the tests, so writing appropriate tests is quite difficult
> for
> me. I would like to contribute more, but I simply don't have the time
> ATM.
>
> Andy Grundman has already applied a patch similar to mine. Lucky
> me. ;-)

I started on a test for this but gave up as I didn't want to use
IO::Pipe in a test, and the current streaming $c->write test actually
already does the same thing, resulting in no Content-Length header.
Unfortunately, due to a bug/feature in HTTP::Request::AsCGI it's not
possible to actually test that the CL is not being set without some
ugly hacking around.  So I left it untested.  The change is so simple
that I am not too worried about it.