[Catalyst] PathPart help

Christopher H. Laco claco at chrislaco.com
Thu Nov 15 21:03:03 GMT 2007

Ashley Pond V wrote:
> That is really cool and answers something I've wanted to do for a long
> time (let the user define the URI to customize a package). I have a
> question. Using the PathPrefix seems to work as advertised but it does
> not replace the default path.
> =

> So, in a test I just did, MyApp::Controller::Article with
> __PACKAGE__->config( path =3D> 'a' ) gives the expected, new, result at
> path "/a" but also still responds at "/article." Seems like this is not
> DWIW or M. (I'm using the sample sub in the post, not the trunk code).
> =

> The others replace correctly though(?).
> =

> /a =3D=3D /article
>   but
> /a/id works while /article/id fails as I'd like.
> =

> -Ashley

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe PathPrefix is in a
release yet...only current source, which is probably going to be 5.9.

I still, as of the latest release on CPAN, have to add the PathPrefix
attr parsing sub.

Good old LTjake. That post has save me many hours of crying...over, and
over with chained.

-=3DChris