[Catalyst] Re: list of perl-*.rpm files for a basic Cat install

James S. White james at jameswhite.org
Mon Aug 18 22:00:17 BST 2008

I've already gone through this procedure:

My notes are here:

http://github.com/fapestniegd/wcyd/tree/master/scratch/procedures/el5/installing_catalyst_on_el5

There are a lot of them (~137), Matt an I disagree on the using of CPAN
instead of real packages. I say "real" packages, because package management
is as much about being able to cleanly remove the files from a system as
adding them.

Anyone who has been bitten by the:
"Uninstall is unsafe and deprecated, the uninstallation was not performed";

Using CPAN to manage your systems when you have a handful of boxes is fine, and
if you're doing development, I'd recommend it as well. But when you have over
200, having multiple versions of perl and CPAN modules all over the system
becomes an operational abyss.