[Catalyst] The performance test of 6 leading frameworks

Andy Grundman andy at hybridized.org
Fri Feb 29 17:14:56 GMT 2008

On Feb 29, 2008, at 11:21 AM, dab at free.fr wrote:

> hi
> I do not know if this test has already been posted on the list
> Why these bad performances ?
> http://www.alrond.com/en/2007/jan/25/performance-test-of-6-leading-frameworks/

All in all seems like a well-done benchmark with lots of good data.

Note he is benchmarking TT performance as well.  Although I guess he
is benchmarking everyone else's template libraries too.  To benchmark
the framework itself, you should just send some static data.  I think
with 5 FastCGI procs he should get more requests per second though.
I'm not familiar with nginx to know if that has something to do with
the numbers.  Will be worth benchmarking it with lighttpd as well.

Another interesting thing is in the hello.tt file he is not using a
variable for the 'hello' string like he did in most other frameworks.
Wouldn't help performance, though.  Also don't know if he's using
Template::Stash::XS or template caching, since these are not enabled
by default in View::TT.

I'll see about posting some benchmarks of our various engines with
this same test data, including a fast new engine I'm working on. :)