[Catalyst] Re: Catalyst site design drafts feedback thread

Aristotle Pagaltzis pagaltzis at gmx.de
Tue Jun 17 08:54:33 BST 2008

* Tobias Kremer <list at funkreich.de> [2008-06-17 08:40]:
> I've incorporated some of the suggestions into the next version
> of the mockup which can be found here:
>
> http://funkreich.de/catalyst/v2.png

Awesome. There are still nits, but you have already made those
clear yourself, and it’s a huge improvement over the promising
first draft, so I’m confident you’ll get there.

> I'm still trying to figure out what goes where.

I see nothing wrong with the placement of elements.

> The texts and navigational elements aren't final either.

Some nits:

• Catalyst is not GPL, it’s under the Perl terms = GPL/Artistic.

• “Web development” repeated in the slogan text; and I think
  there is no need to restrict the turbocharging claim to just
  *Perl* web development. I don’t have a bright idea for how to
  improve this just yet though.

• The way the logo is watermarked on the header bar, it repeats
  right underneath the logo that’s already just above it. Makes
  for an odd effect.

• “Developers” in the top navigation bar. Argh! :-) Maybe this
  could be something like “Repository”? (Unless, of course, you
  mean something else.)

• The text in the left column: I don’t have a good suggestion off
  hand, but if you want, I can spend some time thinking about it.
  (Are you on IRC? We might confer/brainstorm a bit.)

> Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

I like it a lot. Keep going.

Regards,