[Catalyst] Re: Catalyst site design drafts feedback thread
pagaltzis at gmx.de
Tue Jun 17 08:54:33 BST 2008
* Tobias Kremer <list at funkreich.de> [2008-06-17 08:40]:
> I've incorporated some of the suggestions into the next version
> of the mockup which can be found here:
Awesome. There are still nits, but you have already made those
clear yourself, and it’s a huge improvement over the promising
first draft, so I’m confident you’ll get there.
> I'm still trying to figure out what goes where.
I see nothing wrong with the placement of elements.
> The texts and navigational elements aren't final either.
• Catalyst is not GPL, it’s under the Perl terms = GPL/Artistic.
• “Web development” repeated in the slogan text; and I think
there is no need to restrict the turbocharging claim to just
*Perl* web development. I don’t have a bright idea for how to
improve this just yet though.
• The way the logo is watermarked on the header bar, it repeats
right underneath the logo that’s already just above it. Makes
for an odd effect.
• “Developers” in the top navigation bar. Argh! :-) Maybe this
could be something like “Repository”? (Unless, of course, you
mean something else.)
• The text in the left column: I don’t have a good suggestion off
hand, but if you want, I can spend some time thinking about it.
(Are you on IRC? We might confer/brainstorm a bit.)
> Any feedback is greatly appreciated!
I like it a lot. Keep going.
Aristotle Pagaltzis // <http://plasmasturm.org/>
More information about the Catalyst