[Catalyst] Installing Catalyst::Authentication::Store::DBIx::Class Breaks Catalyst

Collin Condray ccondray at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 04:18:24 GMT 2009

I have been working on Catalyst project for some time and need a little help
with a problem I've run into. I was following the instructions in the
Authentication section of the Catalyst tutorial and trying to implement the
hashed password feature. However, when I uncommented the "class DBIx::Class"
line in my myapp.conf file, I got the following message in my logs:

Can't locate Catalyst/Plugin/Authentication/Store/DBIx/Class.pm in @INC

So I attempted to use CPAN to install
Catalyst::Authentication::Store::DBIx::Class.

This completely rendered my site totally unusable. Now I am receiving the
error:
Inconsistent hierarchy during C3 merge of class 'myAPP': merging failed on
parent 'Class::Accessor::Fast' at
/home/username/local/lib/perl/5.8.4/Class/C3/XS.pm line 56., referer:
https://www.mysite.com/

I have been unable to find anything that I've been able to understand on the
cause of this problem. Has anyone else come across this error message and if
so, has anyone found a solution to it.

I'm getting close to launching a site that depends on Catalyst and my need
is urgent. If I can provide any more information on my problem I'd be happy
to supply it.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Collin Condray
condray.net